The interior design has been revealed. Now is the time to sit down with your Interior Designer and confirm the fabrics, the leathers, the colours and finishing of your newly selected fine furniture from Wills Bisgrove. Select the fabrics or leathers of your choice from the extensive range of materials gathered by Wills Bisgrove from Australia and the world’s leading suppliers and fabric houses, ensuring a superb, individual rendition of your selected furniture.
When choosing your upholstered furniture, take the time to browse the Wills Bisgrove Collection and select the style, the design that you desire from our extensive catalogue of both classic and contemporary upholstered furniture. Your Interior Designer can then spend time with our team of Artisans to ensure your bespoke designs are faithfully crafted by the Wills Bisgrove team, meeting and exceeding your expectations.
So let’s discuss fabrics. Interior Designers consider a number of factors when determining the right fabric to suit your selection from our exclusive Wills Bisgrove Collection.
For a Designer it’s often somewhat imperious to select a delicate silk or a pure white linen. However good Designers realise their clients must live with the fabric selected and it may be the fabric is determined by the potential use of the furniture, its location and the degree of traffic a room may experience. Often choosing an easy to maintain fabric can be a better long term choice.
- Cotton is durable and resistant to wear and fading, but not as resistant to dirt and wrinkling. Cotton can go from casual to formal depending on the weave.
- Cotton blends are slightly more durable than cotton due to the mix of additional fibres.
- Leather is durable and functional. It wears well and gets better with age.
- Linen is resistant to pilling and fading. It provides a crisp and casual look to furniture. However, it wrinkles and shows dirt easily.
- Silk is elegant and adds a sophisticated and formal touch to furniture. Due to its delicacy, it’s best for light use and requires professional cleaning.
- Wool blends with synthetic fibre for easier maintenance. It’s durable while also being resistant to pilling, fading, wrinkling and soil.
- Acetate is developed as imitation silk, and is resistant to pilling and shrinking; however, it doesn’t hold up well for everyday use due to its tendency to wear, wrinkle and fade in the sun.
- Acrylic is developed as imitation wool and may pill easily if not of high quality. However, it’s softer than natural wool, and is resistant to wear, wrinkling, dirt and fading.
- Microfibre fabric is made from polyester fibres, is similar to suede, and easy to maintain.
- Nylon is often blended with other fibres, creating a durable fabric that won’t wrinkle or soil but may fade and pill.
- Polyester is usually found in a blend with other fibres, and is resistant to wrinkling and fading.
- Rayon, though prone to wrinkling, is durable and affordable.
- Vinyl is durable and a more affordable option compared to leather.
Functionality and Reality
A clever designer will select fabric that not only looks superb but also wears well, is easy to maintain yet synchronises well with the style of the furniture and the decor and feel of the room you have selected.
Houzz advises:Neutral tones and floral prints work well in a traditional space, while bright colours and bold patterns give off a more contemporary vibe. Your lifestyle also dictates your design.
Here are four quick questions to ask while browsing upholstery fabric online:
• How long is this upholstery meant to last?
• How often will you clean and iron it?
• Where do you plan to use it – indoors or outdoors?
• Which style of furniture pieces is this upholstery meant for?
At Wills Bisgrove Furniture we always advise our Designers on fabrics and their properties, recommending the best in looks, appearance, quality and maintenance, ensuring the longevity and durability matches the appearances of the fabrics selected.
The choice is yours. Let it reflect your personality, your home and your vision.
For further information please contact us at Wills Bisgrove Furniture on 03 9815 0111 during business hours. Alternatively please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply.